This person is in charge of the day-to-day operations of hotels, tourist resorts or guest houses and reports to the General Manager of the facility.
A Rooms Division Manager / Director of Rooms oversees the front office, reservations, housekeeping, concierge, guest services, security and communications departments. They make sure that these departments communicate clearly and efficiently by working closely with department heads, such as front office managers, rooms managers, head receptionists and security managers.
Rooms Division Manager Job Description
You can adapt the below job description to your hotel culture and expectations for the role. Feel free to copy and edit it for your job post.
As our Rooms Division Manager, you will devise and apply sales strategies to make sure that the hotel is always at full occupancy. You will also ensure that the hotel has sufficient and qualified employees, besides fulfilling your planning and administrative tasks. You will determine the rules on housekeeping, accepting reservations and dealing with guests for employees.
We’re looking for a resourceful, analytical candidate with leadership and problem-solving skills to run the main departments in our prestigious hotel.
What Are the Key Responsibilities of a Rooms Division Manager?
- Planning, developing, and implementing strategic plans.
- Managing financial accounts and budgets.
- Promptly and courteously resolving guest grievances and queries for a great overall guest experience.
- Attending and organising departmental meetings.
- Distributing communications and targets to Front Office Staff.
- Training and supervising Front Office Staff on service standards and procedures.
- Maximising room occupancy, offer competitive rates, and revenue optimisation through Sales and Marketing activities.
- Monitoring and supervising quality, cleanliness, and health and safety procedures of all front office departments through daily inspections.
What Skills Should a Rooms Division Manager Have?
The person in this role should meet the following requirements:
- Strong leadership and teamwork capabilities.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Fluency in foreign languages, with a high sense of cultural awareness.
- Customer-oriented mindset.
- Capable of investing in people.
- Proficiency in strategy development, hotel management software, budgeting, marketing, and sales.
What Are the Typical Working Conditions of a Rooms Division Manager?
This role comes with high expectations and targets, working full-time, and dealing with difficult customers at times. It is mostly spent on one’s feet by managing and supervising daily hotel operations, whereas administrative and strategic planning tasks are performed behind a desk.
Although the role comes with a wide range of responsibilities, bear in mind that many hotels offer training and development opportunities and other perks to their Managers. Make sure to include working conditions and benefits on your job post to give more clarity to possible candidates and to attract the best profiles for the role.
ARE YOU HIRING?
Post Jobs & Advertise your vacancies on Hosco
Hire across all levels of seniority thanks to our pool of 1.5+ M professionals
LOOKING FOR A JOB?
Find Full-Time Hospitality Jobs & Internships
Join Hosco and apply for Your Dream Job